Developer Frozenbyte and indie video game publisher Modus Games today confirm first gameplay details and reveal an official announcement trailer for the upcoming and highly anticipated Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, coming to PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One this Spring. Alongside the series’ new installment, Modus will release Trine: Ultimate Collection. Packed with bonus content at retail, the bundle will include Trine: Enchanted Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, and Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Watch the Trine 4 announcement trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNNHAHZgKkU Featuring an all-new story that reunites Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince returns to the magic of 2.5D with the puzzle-platforming gameplay that defined a genre in Trine 1 and 2. Play as the three iconic heroes in the most extensive Trine adventure yet, complete with stunning new environments and dynamic, physics-based puzzles that fans have grown to know and love.
After years apart, the Astral Academy has requested help from the three heroes to find Prince Selius, whose intensely dark nightmares have begun to slip into reality and wreak havoc on the waking world. Encounter more epic boss fights than ever before, solve fascinating puzzles, unlock new skills, explore lush, vibrant landscapes, and experience a hauntingly beautiful new soundtrack by the composer of Trine 1-3. Additionally, and for the first time ever, Trine adds four-player co-op to its feature list.
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light,
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new
Trine: Ultimate Collection at retail will include:
· Trine 1-4
· Trine Series Original Soundtrack (download code)
· Trine 4 Digital Art Book (download code)
· Collector’s Reversible Cover Sheet
· Physical Trine 4 World Map
Consumers who buy Trine 4 at retail will receive:
· Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
· Physical Trine 4 World Map
# # #
Trine 4 is supported by the Creative Europe Programme – MEDIA of the European Union.
Modus is a premier global publisher of video games across all major physical and digital entertainment platforms. The label prides itself on collaborating with talented developers around the world to bring innovative games to the masses. For inquiries, please email .
Frozenbyte is an independent game developer with a focus on game quality. All Frozenbyte games are self-funded and based on self-owned IP, and the company maintains a creative, feel-good development culture. Frozenbyte’s original IP titles include the critically acclaimed Shadowgrounds and Trine series. For more information, visit .